Below are free or inexpensive activities that you can do with the kids in Newnan, Peachtree City & Fayetteville. Do you have a favorite activity that's not listed? Email me at email@example.com and I will be happy to share with the rest of the Mac Kid readers!
SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS GUIDE! Contact MichelleSchwab@MacaroniKID.com for more info.
- Catch a FREE activity at Carnegie Library or a Coweta County Library. Sign up for the library's Summer Reading Challenge.
- Play on the Kids Castle Playground or water fountain at Carl Miller Park. Admission is FREE.
- Visit the 1904 Coweta Historic Courthouse in downtown Newnan. The courthouse is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Take a FREE trolley ride.
- Drop in at the Visitor's Center and explore everything there is to do in Coweta County and surrounding areas.
- Go geocaching or canoeing at Chattahoochee Bend State Park. (You can search the Internet for a free geocaching app for your phone). Parking admission to the park is $5.
- Hike a mile or two on the walking trails at many of the FREE local hiking/walking trails or local parks.
- Ride bikes on Brown's Mill Battlefield mountain bike trail.
- Play disc golf at Temple Ave. and Hunter Complex (coming soon).
- Workout on outdoor fitness equipment at five Coweta parks.
- $6 Movies: NCG Sharpsburg offers $6 movies on Tuesdays.
- SUMMER: Kids can bowl FREE at Junction Lanes Family Entertainment Center. (770) 683-2695.
- SUMMER: Summer Movie Express tickets are just $2 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays featuring movies the whole family will enjoy!
- SUMMER: Spend a day at Lynch Park Pool. Admission is $4 per person.
- SUMMER: Grantville Splash Park will be open from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Closed on Mondays for maintenance. Admission is FREE.
- Find the Earthcaches at Flat Creek Nature Trail (a lesson in geology)
- Play a round of Frisbee golf at the Peachtree City Disc Course.
- Take the kids to the All Children’s Playground at Picnic Park.
- The Commemorative Air Force Airbase GA Museum at Falcon Field is currently CLOSED due to redesigning its display of WWII and aviation artifacts. This does not apply to the aircraft, or larger items, such as the Link Trainer, the B-17 Ball Turret, and several uniform displays.
- Search the Internet for a free geocaching app for your phone and geocach at one of the many locations around Peachtree City.
- Play basketball, table tennis or video games at The Bridge Community Center. There is a small membership fee.
- Go fishing at Huddleston Pond, Luther Glass Park, Lake Peachtree or Lake Kedron.
- See the remnants of a Civil War bridge at Line Creek Nature Center.
- Shoot hoops or play pickleball at Kedron Fieldhouse. The pool is open. (See website hours and fees).
- SUMMER: Sign up for the Reading Challenge at Peachtree City Library.
- Bird count at Sam’s Lake Sanctuary.
- Walk the trails at The Ridge Nature Center
- Check out the Butterfly Garden at Morgan Grove Nature area.
- Play tennis at Kenwood or Kiwanis Park.
- Go boating or kayaking at Lake Horton Park.
- Go fishing at a local lake.
- Have a picnic at any of the local parks or Starr's Mill Pond.
- SUMMER: Cinemark Tinseltown, Fayetteville Summer Movie Clubhouse offers kid-friendly movies for $1.50 per ticket for each movie.
- SUMMER: Register for the Stayed in School Rewards program at Fun Bowl and get 2 free games each day.
- SUMMER: Register for Fayette County Library Reading Program
- Visit a Georgia State Park or become an E-Ranger. Parking fee at state parks are $5.
- Over 50 Virtual Field Trips Zoos, Aquariums, Countries, Museums & More
Want more local family-friendly info like this?
Macaroni Kid Peachtree City-Fayetteville-Newnan is a FREE weekly newsletter and website focused on fun family events, activities, classes and information in Fayette and Coweta Counties. We proudly serve families in Tyrone, Fayetteville, Senoia, Sharpsburg, Brooks, Newnan and Peachtree City!