What you do:
3. Before returning the pops to the freezer, add a wooden craft stick and secure it in place with foil or plastic wrap. We cut a small slit in tin foil, wrapped it over the top of the cup and inserted the stick into the slit. It helps keep the stick upright before it freezes into place.
4. Let that layer freeze for about an hour.
5. Remove fruit pops from freezer and add the blueberry layer. If your stick gets wobbly, simply secure it again with foil when you refreeze with the blueberry layer. If the sticks end up freezing slightly off-center, it's ok, they taste the same!
6. Refreeze for about an hour.
7. Once the fruit pops are completely frozen, you can remove from the freezer.
8. Peel away the paper cup and you should have fun and festive patriotic pops!
Want more local family-friendly info like this?