Screen-Free Week is almost here! The international celebration, hosted by the nonprofit Campaign for a Commercial-Free Childhood, takes place the first week in May. Join them for the annual celebration of unplugging, reconnection, and joy. Get in on the screen fun by taking the pledge.
There are many opportunities to help children turn off screens in order to connect with family, friends, nature, and their own creativity.
Need ideas? Here are 15 things your family can do besides turning on a screen.
Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
1. Take a walk/hike. There are a lot of hiking trails around Coweta and Fayette Counties.
2. Plant a garden with 6 Tips For Planting A Kid-Friendly Garden
3. Make Baby Yoda Deviled Eggs to celebrate Star Wars Day, May the Fourth Be With You, on May 4th.
4. Take Day Trips. We have 103 to choose from in our Day Trip Guide. Be sure to check with the venue before going since many are requiring online registration.
6. Play board games. Games like Monopoly, Sorry!, or Clue are fun for families with school-age children, and preschoolers never grow weary of games like Candyland and Chutes and Ladders. Or try a card game like Uno or Go Fish.
8. Make Super Easy Fluffy Slime.
9. See how many Little Free Libraries you can find in Peachtree City, Fayetteville, or Newnan.
10. Make Chalk Paint and decorate the sidewalk.
12.Learn how to do laundry.
13. Organize a room.
14. Help a neighbor or volunteer at a local nonprofit.
15. Need more ideas? The Macaroni Kid Calendar is sure to help!
Want To Save Time Looking for Things to Do with Your Kids?
Our Family Event Calendar is packed full of events, festivals, fairs, story times, and awesome local family fun. We proudly serve families in Tyrone, Fayetteville, Senoia, Sharpsburg, Brooks, Newnan and Peachtree City! Sign-up for FREE by clicking HERE.