My kids always want to get involved in creating special presents for members of our family and we found a great option that is both affordable and fun for everyone involved. Plus, the recipients love the personal touch with each creation.
Take a few hours on your weekend to create these personalized ceramic mugs and cups. They are perfect for Valentine’s Day or any other upcoming holiday.
This is also a quick craft idea that isn’t overly messy for little hands.
- Select your object for decorating. It can be a white plate or cup that you purchase from any store. White, ceramic plates and cups are even available at the Dollar Store if you are looking to save even extra!
- Make sure you have a selection of permanent markers ready for decorating (Sharpies works great).
- Invite your kids to decorate the mugs/plates any way they want. You can even help with letters or designs. Handprints on plates add a personal touch.
- After decorating, allow the cups and plates to dry for at least 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, place them in a cold oven on a baking sheet. Set the time for 30 minutes and the oven at 400 degrees.
- Once the timer goes off, keep the cups and plates in the oven to cool.
- Once the cups and plates are completely cool, distribute to friends and family as presents!
Want To Save Time Looking for Things to Do with Your Kids?
Our Family Event Calendar is packed full of events, festivals, fairs, story times, and awesome local family fun. We proudly serve families in Tyrone, Fayetteville, Senoia, Sharpsburg, Brooks, Newnan and Peachtree City! Sign-up for FREE by clicking HERE.