Get your Game Day On with Crunch Time Dorito Bake!
This has become an All Time Favorite in our family and for the Game Day parties we have attended. The greatest part about it is that it's my husband's recipe. (which he made sure to tell me to give him credit for in this article)! haha
Seriously, he deserves it! Considering he is the one who makes it for the parties we attend. My mother is a huge football fan and either has a party or invites us to one of her co-worker's parties. Everyone at the party goes crazy for my husband's Dorito Bake. Everything that you could want in chips and dip is involved!
When watching the game, watch your Crunch Time Dorito Bake disappear and hear the cheers! Go Team!
- 2 Bags of Doritos 11oz
- 8oz 4 Cheese Mexican Blend ( we use Kraft)
- 1 pound of Ground Beef (Chuck works best)
- 1 jar of Salsa (whatever brand is your favorite, as much as you desire)
- 2 Cans of Refried Beans 15oz (Taco Bell brand)
- 2 Cans of Ranch Style Beans
- 1 16 oz container of Sour Cream
- 1 15 oz Jar of Cheese Sauce such as Tostida ...I shop at Ingles so we got Laura Lynn Stadium Style cheddar
- Preheat Oven to 300 degrees.
- Brown Beef in pan and drain.
- Put one layer of Doritos on the bottom of large casserole dish.
- Top with a layer of Refried Beans, Ground Beef, Cheese Sauce, Ranch Style Beans, Salsa and 4 Cheese Mexican Blend.
- Repeat this process, but don't put the 4 Cheese Mexican Blend on the top.
- Bake about 25 minutes. Check that the middle is nice and hot... You may need additional 10 minute depending on the thickness of your dish.
- Put a layer of 4 Cheese Mexican Blend on top and continue baking for around 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- In another casserole dish or cookie sheet lay out the rest of your Doritos and Bake for 5 minutes.
- When Bake is done- top with sour cream and sprinkle 4 Cheese Mexican Blend on top. You can add tomatoes, snipped green scallions, olives or whatever you choose... jalepeno peppers etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Dorito bake will have soft areas from beans and salsa. the extra baked chips can be placed around the bake for extra crispy chips to help scoop up the Bake.
Enjoy Crunch Time!
Want To Save Time Looking for Things to Do with Your Kids?
Our Family Event Calendar is packed full of events, festivals, fairs, story times, and awesome local family fun. We proudly serve families in Tyrone, Fayetteville, Senoia, Sharpsburg, Brooks, Newnan and Peachtree City! Sign-up for FREE by clicking HERE.