The Kiwanis Coweta County Fair is almost here!
It's soon time for candy apples, cotton candy, the carousel and ferris wheel! The Coweta County Fair, sponsored by the Newnan Kiwanis Club, opens Thursday, September 14, and runs through Sunday, September 24th. One of the largest county fairs in the state, the event features 11 fun-filled days and nights of contests, rides, games, arts & crafts, animal & livestock exhibits, food and entertainment.
This year's featured family entertainment will include Ken Scott's Magic, Iron P. Homestead Exotic Petting Zoo, Donald White - the Science Guy, Auntie Nish, N.I.T.W.I.T.S, and Bob Seymore - the Living Statue. Competitions include a Family Cornhole Contest, Youth Cookie/Cake Decorating Contests, Diaper Derby Race, Cattlemen’s Cook-Off, and Lumberjack & Lumberjill Competition.
The County County Fair Grounds are located at 275 Pine Road, Newnan, GA 30263.
Fair hours are
- Mondays - Thursdays: 4 PM - 10 PM
- Fridays: 5 PM - Midnight
- Saturdays: Noon - Midnight
- Sundays: 2 PM - 10 PM
- $10 per person
- Children 5 and under are free every day
MEGA PASSES: Mega Passes must be purchases in advance for $35, a savings of $15 on Friday and Saturday and $10 on Sunday through Thursday. The last day of sale will be Wednesday, September 13th. Mega Passes are good for a one time use on any day of the fair and cover gate admission and unlimited rides all day. Purchase your MEGA PASSES at the Kiwanis Coweta County Fair website.
RIDE ARMBANDS: Ride armbands are available for purchase at the fair, on the Midway from the ticket booths during specified times during the fair. They get you unlimited rides on the day of purchase only.
- $35 - Sunday through Thursday ONLY
- $40 - Fridays and Saturdays
FREE Gate Admission Specials!!
- Thursday, September 14: Opening Day-Midway Preview! Rides, Exhibit Building, and Food only. NO ANIMAL EXHIBITS
- Tuesday, September 19: Free Gate Admission Sponsored by Jake Stanley State Farm
- Wednesday, September 20: Free Gate Admission Sponsored by Dr. Pepper
- Thursday, September 21: Free Gate Admission Sponsored by Nissan of Newnan
- Saturday, September 23: MILITARY APPRECIATION DAY. FREE Admission for all active and retired military personnel with military ID
The Newnan Kiwanis Club has sponsored the Coweta County Fair every year (but during 2020 Covid-19) since 1947. Through the fair's profits, they fund numerous projects throughout the city and county that has included local police and fire equipment. The Newnan Kiwanis Club has a strong emphasis on serving the children of Coweta County. Organizations they support include Bridging the Gap, Boy Scouts, Summit Family YMCA, Nwnan-Coweta Habitat for Humanity, Coweta County Special Olympics, and the Boys and Girls Club of Newnan. For a full list of organizations supported, click here.